We operate a Career Guidance & Support Program targeted at the following groups -
- Students in grades X and XII who would like to start on a career path as soon as possible
- Individuals currently not in school, but with education levels of PUC (Std XII) & lower and who are looking for their first job or advancement in their current career
Our program holistically addresses the barriers faced by youth from low income backgrounds, through the following integrated initiatives.
Counselling - Motivation, Assessment and Guidance
- tackle low and uninformed aspirations by providing exposure to relevant careers.
- help the individual understand her aptitude, interests, constraints and advantages and make relevant career choices that she can commit to.
- identify skill and qualification gaps that need to be addressed.
- Skilling Support
- identify ways to address skill and qualification gaps
- match the individual with the right training providers
- provide the necessary encouragement and support, from admission through graduation
- Financial Support
- work with relevant entities (Government, Banks, MFIs, Training Institutions, NGOs) towards various kinds of financial support like scholarships, discounted fees, loans, payments in installments .
- Employment Support
- place the individual in jobs relevant to her skills and interests and where she has the best chance at success, through partnerships with relevant entities like employment agencies, job portals, NGOs and employers.
You can read about our specific, current initiatives here